Ian Lozada: Images and Words

Wedding Photography for Lexington, KY and the New York Metro area.

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
April 23, 2009

Ian's Pathetic Playoff Beard: Day 9

Posted by IanLozada



Declan is the only one in the family willing to photographed with me anymore.



With the New York Rangers' 2-1 Game 4 win over the Washington Capitals last night, the Broadway Blueshirts are guaranteed to survive at least to Game 7, and are pretty good bets to advance to the next round to face the Boston Bruins. As a result, my Pathetic Playoff Beard Fund to benefit Anna House currently stands at $74.

Things I've learned/heard so far through this experience:

1. These things itch.
2. Babies like to grab whiskers.
3. My mother asked me how much she'd have to donate to get me to shave it off.
4. I'm pretty sure my oldest daughter is actively rooting against the Rangers at this point. She likes the fact that this money helps other kids have preschool and infant care, but she's not kissing Daddy anytime soon.
5. Being half-Filipino, I still can't grow enough beard to look like I just haven't washed my face yet. Although it grows more on my neck than on my face.
6. I'm a lot more appreciative of the great child care my own kids get. And I'm grateful that unlike the Anna House kids, I'm not having to drop them off at 5AM.

We're still accepting pledges-- you can pledge either to sponsor my attempt to grow something resembling a playoff beard for each day the Rangers are alive, or you can pledge a set amount if you were told there wouldn't be any math. Contact me at Ian@IanLozada.com for info or check the Anna House website for donation information.

For more information about Anna House and the Belmont Child Care Association, please visit BelmontChildCare.org or click here to see the Anna House video.

0 comments: