Ian Lozada: Images and Words

Wedding Photography for Lexington, KY and the New York Metro area.

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
September 16, 2008

Things we learned yesterday at the bridal show...

Posted by IanLozada

Thanks to everyone who came by the booth at yesterday's bridal show at the Embassy Suites. Special thanks to Sarah and Brittany, two of this year's brides, who stopped by during the day and put in a nice word for me here and there. Clearly, if I find out in advance of January's show that I'm going to be surrounded by people distributing cake, punch, a white chocolate fountain and other goodies... I'll have to bring in skewers of shrimp just to get in a word edgewise!

On a more serious note, I noticed some distinct trends in the wedding dates that you were telling me. The number one wedding date for next year is clearly going to be July 11th, or 7/11 for those of you scoring at home. Number two with a bullet on the list is May 30th-- no coincidence that it's the Saturday after the first week teachers are done with school! Some other dates that I heard a lot... July 25th, October 3 & 10, and of course, the big holiday weekends: May 24th (Memorial Day), July 4th, and September 5th (Labor Day). I still have all of those days open, but I don't expect them to last long.

As always, the first bride to get a signed contract and a booking fee to me for that date will get the reservation. Don't get shut out of your big day!

0 comments: